Nielsen Family 2010

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our baby didn't make it...

Well, yesterday I had my 10 week appt ( I was 10 weeks exactly) and they did an ultrasound and found out that the baby had died about a week ago. The heart was no longer beating and the baby was measuring 9 weeks. I think I knew something was wrong a few days after I got off bedrest but I thought I was being paranoid. We are really sad that this has happened. I spent yesterday (all day-literally) in tears, but I feel much better today and realize that it was mother nature's way of taking care of something that was wrong. I would much rather have a healthy baby, so I am sure it was for the best. We are hanging in there and hopefully will heal soon. My doctor gave me some pills to take to help the process along and so I am not sure when that will happen. Thank you for all of your love and support. We are looking forward to trying again soon :).

3 comments:

Josh and Lyndi Smith said...

So sorry to hear this Rachel. Hang in there.

Sharp Family said...

Rachel, I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. I hope you guys are hanging in there and taking care of yourselves.

Paige said...

I'm so sorry! I hope everything goes okay on Thursday. Let me know if I can help.