Nielsen Family 2010

Saturday, December 27, 2008

It's been awhile...

Ok, I will try my best and update on the last couple of weeks. Just about as soon as I posted last time, I was put on bedrest for 3 days because I had a tiny bit of spotting. I went and had an ultrasound and the baby looks great (with a heart rate of about 185) and they noticed a pocket of blood that was inbetween the baby and the uterine wall. It is old blood and that is where they think the spotting came from. They can heal on their own, just like a cut on your arm and be fine, or it can continue to get bigger and cause the baby to detach from the uterine wall. So it is kind of scary, but I haven't had any more spotting and have been trying to take it easy. I am not supposed to lift or carry anything heavy or do any heavy housework. So poor Jayson gets stuck with the things I normally do. He is a pro, having to have done them when I was pregnant with the twins. I am so grateful for all of the help he is. My next appt is on Tuesday, so I should know what the status of that pocket of blood is then. I am doing great though :).

Jayson and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on the 20th (while I was on bedrest-how fun!). We need to properly celebrate it one of these days. December is just a hard month to celebrate it in. We have talked about moving the celebration to another month in the year-so that we have a better chance of doing something nice.
We had a great Christmas season and were all spoiled of course. We got a Wii from Santa along with some games and the Wii Fit balance board as well. One of the games we bought is a snowboarding one and I am dying to try it. Hudson has loved playing it and we are going to try and have a family game night once a week with it. The kids all got new carseats for Christmas and a few toys. We tried not to get them too much, since they are so spoiled already. We spent Christmas Eve at both grandparents and then had family over for dinner and games on Christmas night.
We have been having fun with the snow we got a couple of days ago. Hudson and Jayson built a huge sledding route/hill in our backyard that goes from the side of the house all of the way around to the very bottom of our yard. Hudson LOVES it and even took the twins on it with him a few times. It was the first time the twins have ever really gone out and 'played' in the snow. They loved it and they loved eating it. It was cute to see them all dressed up in their snow clothes/gloves/hats. They are growing up so fast. I can't believe they are almost 2 1/2!
Last night we had some friends over for dinner and we played the Wii. These are friends that Jayson went to high school with and we always try to get together at least a couple times a year. We missed Mike & Jenni though, but hopefully we will see them sometime this next year :).
I still need to finish up some holiday projects and will be busy doing that over the next few days. Have a great day and we hope you all had a very merry Christmas!
The pictures are backwards and I don't really have the energy to move them all :)

Our family, the Widdison family and the Landon family

I love Bridger's face in this one (B is on the left)

My cute twinkies

I love Ryder's face in this one

Hudson sledding

LOVE this pic of Ryder. I am sure it will be up in a frame soon.

Our goofball Bridger playing with his Mr. Potato head stuff

All of the boys enjoying their new toys the day after Christmas

Ryder playing with the Mr. Potato glasses. All my boys are so silly.

Christmas morning breaking into the candy that was in his stocking (this is Ryder, but they were all doing it)

Opening their gifts from Santa in their new carseats

Christmas Eve at gma & gpa Varner's-opening jammies

Ryder and aunt April having a great time

Ryder in daddy's boots

My cute fam at Jayson's parents' house. We almost got everyone looking at the camera.

Bridger playing with his new little dog he got at gma Janie's
Who needs toys when you can play with the wrapping?

2 comments:

Sharp Family said...

Rachel, your blog is so cute, and your family is adorable!!! I hope you are feeling well and the baby is healthy!

Sharp Family said...

Oh, and by the way, our blog is mickelandstephanie.blogspot.com