Last week, Hudson got his alphabet crown at Challenger. It is a very big deal there and we are so proud of him. They have to know all of their letters (upper and lower case) and the correct sound they make and then tell them to the head of the school (sort of like the principal).
One of his little friends in school got to have a party for getting his and invited Hudson and a few other kids to go to Fat Cats for bowling and games. They all had so much fun playing together outside of school. It was cute to watch. 
Right before we left for the party on Friday afternoon, our basement started flooding a little bit. Sewer water backed up in the laundry room and made a mess in the playroom and the other bedroom dwonstairs. The big trees out front started growing into the pipes. So we will be getting new carpet soon and this is the loveliness we get to look at in the meantime.
Saturday we spent at home cleaning up more and getting ready for new carpet. Sunday, Hudson was in a primary program and so my parents, Phil, Jayson's mom, McKay and Ryan & Amber came to watch. He was very entertaining and did a great job. Then we had dinner here afterwords and had a nice evening. We always love having family around. Hudson is getting excited for Halloween. He has a parade and things at school that day and we don't have anything really planned yet for that night besides the normal trick-or-treating. We need to carve pumpkins sometime this week. I can't believe it is almost November. Where did this year go? I hope you all have a great day!
December Daily® 2023 | Paint + Play with Jill
3 years ago
1 comment:
Okay - I guess I'm a bad mom! Hayden got his alphabet crown & we just said "good job". No party, no pizza, nothin'! Looks like fun though. I guess I"m glad he's not reading the blog & doesn't know he got shorted!! How fun!
Post a Comment