This is what I made a couple of days ago. It is a book to easily keep track of all of the funny things that Hudson says. I took my digital layout and then mod podged it onto a chipboard cover & back and then just cut some plain white paper to make the inside pages. I have a machine? called the Bind-it-All that punches the holes and wire binds just about anything you want. It was great to be able to make my own book! I wanted it to be like a notebook where I could just randomly write what he says in there without having to make a whole layout for each couple of sayings-which is what I was doing before. It is so much easier and I think it turned out pretty cute.
The other thing I did last weekend was make these frames. I got them at Ikea for super cheap and the frames were plain white. I covered them and sanded them with some coordinating digital scrapbook paper and then made custom mats that has each of their names on them-and then cut the mats. There are 4 for each child and I just need to decide where to hang them now:) Originally, I was going to hang them in their rooms, but I like them so much, I want to be able to see them somewhere out in the open.


And I splurged on these yesterday at Ikea. Ok, well not really splurged, it is Ikea afterall ;). They are hanging in my office, which I am hoping to clean out a little bit. I am going to be selling all of my paper scrapbooking supplies soon. I love having a better place to put my scrapbooking mags.
This is our latest family pic and I finished this a few weeks ago. I took all of the photos we love from that session and then made a custom mat with those photos all black and white. Then I cut another mat and put our family photo inside. I am still thinking about painting the frame black. What do you think?

The other thing I did last weekend was make these frames. I got them at Ikea for super cheap and the frames were plain white. I covered them and sanded them with some coordinating digital scrapbook paper and then made custom mats that has each of their names on them-and then cut the mats. There are 4 for each child and I just need to decide where to hang them now:) Originally, I was going to hang them in their rooms, but I like them so much, I want to be able to see them somewhere out in the open.And here are some cute bugs to brighten your day :)
3 comments:
How cute! I love the mat with all the diff pictures -- cute idea. I'm trying to imagine the frame black -- I think cute either way. I'm no help. ;)
You're going to have to tell me where you get your blog backgrounds and online scrapbooking from, because it's so cute!! I love your blog. :)
That frame & mat are so cute. It turned out really great. :)
Post a Comment