Nielsen Family 2010

Monday, July 28, 2008

the Update

Things have been quite busy around here! I feel so far behind in my blogging, that I have been avoiding it. That makes sense doesn't it ;) ? Ok, so here is the short version of the last couple of weeks. A couple of weekends ago we went to Idaho for Jayson's cousin's wedding. We had a great time and stayed Thursday night to Sunday morning. The Rexburg temple was beautiful of course and it was so nice to see Jayson's family that lives up there. We spent that Saturday in Jackson Hole and had a great time just walking around and doing a little bit of shopping. After coming home, we had Sunday dinner with my family and the grandparents. We then celebrated grandma Janie's birthday and my birthday (they are the 22nd and 23rd). We went out for pizza on Janie's birthday and surprised her when she came home from Idaho. We all met at Chili's for my birthday and then had cake and ice cream at our house afterwords. The kids were all into blowing out my candles. Ryder was getting really good at it, and actually blew them out several times while they were lighting them! On the 24th, we took Hudson to see the movie, Wall-E in the afternoon and then Jayson watched the kids (and definitely earned his motherhood badge-more about that in a minute) while I went to a movie with my parents, sister and good friend to see Mamma Mia. The next night we went up to a friend's cabin for the evening. The kids LOVED riding the 4-wheelers and we even saw a huge moose while riding around. Saturday, we were going to go boating with my family, but decided to stay home and relax a bit and get the house cleaned. Grandma and grandpa Nielsen came and got Hudson Saturday afternoon to spend the night at their house. He went to church with them yesterday and we came and got him when we went out there for dinner. Ryder was stung by a bee last night, but he was ok after a few minutes. I figured since neither of us are allergic, we probably didn't have to worry about our kids being allergic-since that kind of thing is passed on. We are both lucky to be allergy-free and glad that we don't need to worry about it with our kids in general. Overall, we have had a busy couple of weeks and have been gone just about every night doing something. Today, I went to lunch with my family and a good friend to celebrate her birthday and then we (us and the grandparents) took the kids to McD's to have a late lunch and play-then it was onto Costco, ToysRUs, Sam's and Smith's. We are glad to be home and are not planning anything for a day or so :) I got my big lense today that I ordered for my camera and I loved using it at McD's today! I am a complete dork ;) Almost all of the pics I am posting are the pics I took with it today. We hope you are all doing well and have a great night!
*How Jayson earned his motherhood badge: He took all the kids to McD's all by himself and had to climb up the playground when Ryder got stuck towards the top. He spent a couple of hours there instead of going to Harbor Frieght like he originally planned. Then when they got home, they all got in the hot tub. Well, Bridger decided to blow out his diaper in the hot tub, so then he had to get everyone out and bathe them because of the mess Bridger made. Not to mention the clean up job as well. It was just one thing after another and he never lost his cool :)

Ryder enjoying his ice cream

Bridger doing the same :)

Who needs a playground when you can play with the wet floor signs?
Ryder

Ryder again
Hudson wanted me to take his pic all of the way across the room with my new lense


Bridger enjoying drawing on grandpa's papers
Hudson being silly with his happy meal toy




1 comment:

Paige said...

Man, sounds like you're having a great, busy summer! So fun! And your pics look great.