Ok well 2 weeks ago our lives became a little more crazy, so I haven't had the time to post. It all started with Ryder. He had a fever for 3 days and in those 3 days, of course, Bridger got one too. Then they both got a rash and we took them into Kidscare Thursday night. They said they had a virus where you get a high fever for 3-4 days and then break out in a rash. Oh goodie. The next morning, Bridger was the only one with a fever and he started shaking seizure-like. He shook for about 30 seconds, three times in a row. So of course we were freaking out and ran him to the ER. My mom met us there and took the other kids back to her house. We spent most of the day at the hospital doing tests, and they couldn't find anything except that his chest x-rays showed that he has pneumonia. The poor little thing had to have an IV and was pretty terrified of the whole experience. So went home and watched him like a hawk of course, to make sure he wasn't going to shake anymore. All was well on the shaking part, and he seemed to just be tired and not feeling well. Saturday morning, he starts shaking in little jerks and so of course we take him in again. We went to the regular hospital first and then after they wanted more tests done, we went up to Primary Children's and spent the day there. He had more blood taken (another IV in the opposite hand) and a cat scan. All of the tests they ran came back normal. That morning before/during Bridger's little shakes, my dad randomly stopped by. He and Jayson gave Bridger a blessing and then he took Ryder and Hudson home with him. When we had had all the tests they could think of, they wanted him to see the neurologist and have another type of brain test done. They sent us home with the neurologist's number as well as anti-seizure medication. As we were driving home, Jayson and I both said to each other that it didn't feel right to give him the medication that they prescribed. Part of some of the confusion was that they weren't even sure that Bridger had been having seizures. He would cry and whine thru them and they said that he shouldn't be able to do that if he was really having a seizure. In the past, both the twins have had a tendency to shake a little bit with fevers, but nothing like what we had seen with Bridger. We decided to wait and see what the weekend would bring. He was fine all weekend and we had made an appt with his regular pediatrician the day before. We were to see Dr. Doug on Tuesday. Besides wanting to be held 24/7 and being weak, Bridger seemed normal. With the blessing that was given and the peace we felt behind the decision not to give him the anti-seizure meds, we were pretty sure that it was over. We were right, he hasn't shaken since that Saturday morning and the pediatrician agreed with us and was relieved himself that we had not given Bridger the meds. We just know now that he is more prone to shake when he gets a fever. Kids can also have that happen more when they have an upper respiratory infection as well. The Monday before we went in to see Dr. Doug, both of the twins started throwing up. So we have had a major puking household for 1 week now. Of course this last week, Hudson started throwing up as well. Hudson made it thru the last 2 nights without throwing up, so hopefully he is on the mend. The twins were throwing up randomly and seem to be better as well. This morning they are playing like normal. They haven't done that for the 2 weeks they have been sick. Bridger has been so weak with pneumonia that he has just wanted to be held. For awhile there, he would cry when we would even put him down to bed. We held him during the night sometimes because he just felt awful. So Jayson and I haven't had much sleep the last 2 weeks and luckily, Jayson hasn't been sick. I caught the flu bug they have, so I have had an upset stomach and body aches since last Wednesday, but I think it is gone as of yesterday. It is not fun stuff and it is quite painful. Luckily for me, I just don't throw up. (I haven't since I was 10) I can't imagine trying to take care of 3 kids that are puking all the time and me puking as well. Whoa. My mom and my sister came to help last week so that I could manage all 3 kids being sick and that was such a blessing. I am not sure if I could have handled it by myself. We went out to dinner last Wednesday night to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate my sister's bday before she left and we left the twins with Jayson's parents at our house. It was so nice to be out of the house but the kids got Jayson's parents sick as well. So everyone is going thru it around here and hopefully it is on the way out. I think we have finally crossed over it. Making it through last night was a big deal in my head because I figured if we could make it thru the night without any throw up that it would be over-and this morning, I think it is. Ok that was really long and if you are still reading this, I apologize for the length. Anyway...how about those Jazz? Awesome games and how about that Kyle Korver shot last night? Wow. Not much else to report since we have been couped up at home for the last 2 weeks. Hope you all are doing well. Have a great day!
December Daily® 2023 | Paint + Play with Jill
3 years ago
2 comments:
Ohhh, so not fun! I'm glad you are all finally getting better, though. That sounds horrible.
Oh my heavens! I am so glad that he is okay. That must have been so scary. Seeing your kids sick is one of the hardest things to do as a parent.
Post a Comment