Nielsen Family 2010

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

How nice

I cannot tell you how nice it is to have healthy kids again! I can actually get things done during the day again. I would comment about the Jazz, but we are quite disgusted right now with them and that loss last night. I went to traffic school last night for a speeding ticket I got about a month ago. I have never been to traffic school before and the cop that did it was totally cool-so it actually was really entertaining. He didn't make us watch a dumb video or anything, we all just sat and talked. The best part was that we got to leave early-so I guess I chose the right night to go. Monday, we went to the park with my mom. It was such a nice day, we couldn't pass it up. It is the first park trip since last Oct/Nov. Hudson was so excited and the twins were a little apprehensive about walking on the uneven bark, but they had a great time. That night we went and had dinner at my parents house. My parents are leaving tomorrow to Korea to pick up my brother Neal. We are all so dang excited to see him! They will get back on the 12th and my youngest brother Phillip, will probably be staying with us while they are gone. I told Hudson that this morning and he said, 'I love Phillip, he is my best friend.' It was so cute. Phil always plays so well with the kids and even as a 17 year old, he doesn't mind spending time with them. I love that about him. Last Friday when Jayson's mom came to get Hudson after work, we ended up sending all the kids home with her for the evening. I was having extreme cabin fever and definitely needed a date with Jayson. It was so nice to have a night out after staying home with sick kids for about 3 weeks. Sunday we went to Jayson's parents' house for dinner. Hudson spent the weekend with them and went to church up there with them. He of course did not want to come home Sunday night-he always has so much fun. The other day when we told Hudson that gma and gpa Varner were going to Korea to get Neal, he was convinced that he was going too. He practically had a meltdown when he found out that no, he really couldn't go. I tried to tell him about having a passport, and he said, 'Well you can just make me one, mom.' He really couldn't understand why he couldn't go with them. He is excited to see Neal but I think hearing that Phillip is coming to stay with us helped him not freak out about not being able to go. He has already made Neal a picture that I need to print out and hang up when he comes home. It is really cute. Ok, well I better go. Here are some cute pics from the park on Monday-enjoy and have a great day!










No comments: