Nielsen Family 2010

Friday, March 28, 2008

Lake Powell

Well I finished my project for Mother's Day last night by the skin of my teeth. (yes, I know I am sick-it is way too early to be thinking about a holiday that is more than a month away-almost 2 in fact) I had this coupon that was too good of a deal to pass up and it yesterday was the last day to use it. So I did about 2 weeks worth of stuff in about 2 1/2 days. Yikes, but I am glad I am done. Anyway...we had a great time at Lake Powell and it was so nice to get away for the weekend. It was a total relaxation weekend. It was nice to have 70+ degree weather and just enjoy it. All of the kids loved driving the boat and would take turns (kind of) on grandpa's lap doing just that. Hudson would get in the boat and say, 'Ok, now who is going to help me drive?'. It was pretty funny. Just being in the boat was such a treat for the kids. They were happy as can be just riding in it. We spent one afternoon at the beach and Hudson loved it. The twins aren't so crazy about sand. Bridger did a little better than Ryder, but they both hated having the sand on their hands. So Ryder sat on my lap and Bridger sat with grandma. My mom and brothers used their dry suits to ski and wakeboard. I wasn't feeling up to it. I just about killed myself pulling up last summer and figured a dry suit would not help that cause. Plus, it is just a little too cold for my hands and feet. I am a baby. We colored eggs Saturday night and had an Easter egg hunt Sunday morning. Everyone loved finding the eggs. The twins didn't need any teaching, they would find an egg and immediately open it and try and eat the candy-wrapper and all. Of course, the kids didn't want to leave when it came time and Hudson still asks when we are going back. We are going to dinner tonight to celebrate my mom's birthday and we told Hudson we were going to go out tonight to celebrate grandma's birthday. He said, 'Oh good, does that mean we are going to Lake Powell?' It is LP on the brain around here and we can't wait for the summer to go again! The twins seem to be feeling better. Bridger is on his last day of antibiotics and Ryder and Hudson never came down with anything-so we lucked out. Now, if we could just get them to stay dressed...We went to McDonald's this afternoon and Hudson could hardly wait, since we didn't make it last week with our trip. Well, we are going to dinner soon, so I better go. Have a great night!

This is Bridger throwing fits on the way home from LP and

this is Ryder's response to it! Too funny.

No comments: