Nielsen Family 2010

Saturday, February 23, 2008

We Are In Trouble

So this last Wednesday, I put all the kids down for a nap. I was busy cleaning and doing things around the house and I was headed back upstairs and I see Hudson coming down the stairs. It had only been an hour and so I asked him what was up cause usually he sleeps for at least 2 hours. He didn't really have much to say and had red pillow marks all over his face. I could tell he wasn't quite awake yet. All of the sudden I look over, and Bridger comes walking thru the kitchen. I was floored. So, not only did Bridger climb out of his crib, but he opened their door, went in and got Hudson up in his bedroom and then came out into the kitchen. We are in trouble! Later that day he did take a nap and then when I went in to get them, he was out of his crib and at the door, crying because he couldn't get it open. Since that one day, he hasn't gotten out again and Ryder hasn't attempted anything yet. So we will see. Either we are going to take one of the rails off the side of the crib, or we are going to buy them little beds. I have thought of getting them little toddler beds instead of twin size bed. We'll see. Hudson had barely turned two when we put him in a twin bed, but that was because 2 more were on the way and we didn't want him feeling like his bed was stolen by the new babies. The twins aren't two until July, and we are not even close to thinking of having more little ones with our hands so full, so we will see what happens.

We went to the boat show on Wednesday night and Hudson's birthday was on Thursday. We had family and friends over for pizza, ice cream and cake. I decided to not give Hudson a nap that day (why, oh why?) and you could tell by the time the party came that he was tired. He had his moments opening presents and we were a little bit embarassed about how onery he was at times. You never know what kids are going to say or what they are thinking and I hope everyone understands that he was tired. He has been pretty good since then and we have decided that he is just not ready to stop taking naps. So I take the blame for this moodiness.


Hudson had his 4 year old checkup yesterday with his doctor. He did great. His doctor tested him on his colors and had him draw shapes for him, and tested him on his ABC's. He knew them all and did so well. I guess it was all the things they check before Kindergarten and he knew it all easily. Hudson was 50 pounds (wow!) and 44 1/2 " tall. Both height and weight were in the 99%. Big surprise there-haha. Then we went to McDonalds with my mom and the twins. Of course we all had a great time, as always. Jayson and I went out last night while my parents watched the kids, down at the Gateway and saw the movie, Vantage Point. It was really good. We had dinner down there too at Z Tejas and walked around the shops. It is always great to get out and have a date night. I had some issues with the parking down there (they only took cash and check-what kind of behind the times business does that anymore????) I did something that made me feel better at the time, even though it was silly to do and I'm sure no one will see it. We hardly ever carry cash and just always use our debit card and so when I wrote the check, I made it out to Standard Parking Morons. Like I said, silly, but it made me feel better for a few minutes and we laughed about it like two kids afterwards. Ok, well thats all for now folks-have a great day!

No comments: