Nielsen Family 2010

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day Again


Wow! We got a ton of snow. Yesterday I kept seeing the sky get a little bit darker but at about 2:00, all of the sudden, it was a blizzard outside. We got at least another foot of snow. I really would have expected it, but since I don't watch the news and hadn't been online much yesterday, it was a shock. Not to mention that I had a severe case of spring fever from the weather of the 3 previous days. That is a problem when it is the middle of February and not the middle of March or something. Hudson and I finished our little projects for the grandmas and grandpas for Valentine's day yesterday and I would post pics, but they will have to wait until they actually get them. I do have one funny story to tell you and it is about me and how sometimes I really am blond. The last few days have made me wonder just a bit about where some of my brain cells have gone, but oh well. I attribute it to being a mom of 3 little ones. We were at McDonalds drive thru the other night and I was ordering a happy meal for Hudson. So my order went like this: 'Hi, I would like a happy meal with a cheeseburger, with ketchup only, but still with the cheese of course....' Uh, hello. I started laughing, Jayson was already laughing at me and the girl taking my order started laughing. At the moment I was ordering, I was really thinking about what if they thought I just wanted ketchup and nothing else, like the cheese. I was genuinely concerned. Then I realized how dumb that sounded. Yeah...so the last few days, the joke around our house is ' with ketchup only, but still with the cheese of course'. Maybe it doesn't sound that funny, but it was if you were there. I think we are going to try and do some birthday shopping for Hudson this weekend. I believe he will be spending the night at Jayson's parents house on Friday so we should be able to go sometime that night or the next day. Other than that we will be just hanging out doing those fun things like laundry, cleaning, etc... Hope you all have a fabulous Valentine's day.

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

I have done that same thing before at McDonald's. And I am not even blond. :-)