Nielsen Family 2010

Friday, December 7, 2007

Birthday Etc

Wednesday was Jayson's birthday and we (both sets of parents and I) surprised him with an xbox 360 Elite bundle + a few games. He has been enjoying it so much and I would have to say that I have enjoyed having guitar hero too. We ended up not going to the Cheesecake Factory because of the 3 1/2 hour wait. Nuts! So we ended up going to Litza's Pizza and then coming back here for some oreo ice cream cake. It was so nice to have all the family there for his birthday, we really had a great time. Hudson loved helping Jayson blow out his candles. I didn't make a cake or anything because I figured we would be having cheesecake that night, so Hudson and I made grandma Janie's famous chocolate cake with her famous cream cheese frosting as cupcakes the next day. Hudson and I had gone to the store specifically on Jayson's birthday to get some cream cheese for it, but we ended up not having enough time to make it. Today, we made some more pretzel hugs (some with hugs and some with rolos) and then we made rolo cookies. I guess I will have to share more recipes, huh? They are all sooo yummy. We are having some friends over tomorrow night and hopefully they will eat some of these yummy treats. The kids are doing great still, they are just trying to get rid of the last of their cold. The 10 days of antibiotics is over on Sunday. Yeah! I got our Christmas cards out this week and just have a little bit more to work on before Christmas. BTW, Hudson went to his cousin's cowboy birthday party this last Saturday and here is a picture of him riding a horse at the party. They had a real horse for the kids to ride, but Hudson was sooo afraid of the horse, I couldn't get him near it. Oh well, another day. I am tired and I hope you all have a good night :-)

No comments: