Nielsen Family 2010

Monday, March 9, 2009

Cancun

We just got home last night from our trip to Cancun. We all had such a great time and the kids did pretty well. Of course we had our moments, but overall it was GREAT! Here are the kids at the airport getting ready to get on the plane.
Hudson on the plane. He was pretty excited because even though he has been on a plane quite a few times, he doesn't remember any of them.

The twins having a great time. They did so well on the way there. The way home is another story-and in case you can't guess yet, there are a TON of pics on this post. So if you can't get thru them all, just come back tomorrow ;)
Bridger enjoying his peanuts.
Both twins asleep on gma
Ryder playing
Bridger very into his movie
One of the fun things about the resort, is that there is a jucuzzi in every room. We stayed in the presidental suite with my parents and so the kids would love to take baths with just about anyone who would join them. It was a hit every night.
Hudson got to sleep in gma and gpa's bedroom. He loved it.

This is one of the restaurants we ate in for breakfast most days. We stayed at the Moon Palace and it is an all inclusive resort. So you have about 15 different restaurants to choose from everyday. This one was close to our rooms, so if we didn't order room service for breakfast, we would eat here. The kids loved having eggs and french toast for breakfast. We were pretty much all spoiled in the food dept:)
In the suite with our cute kids.
Walking around after getting in the pool.
Bridger in one of the pools
This is a kids area and the kids had fun going down slides and just playing. We all had a great time just relaxing in the sun.
The kids were funny about laying out. They enjoyed laying out as well-under the towels though.

Hudson being silly. He seems to give this face a lot lately.
The restaurant by the pool-we had lunch here often.
Being silly-all making Hudson's favorite face.
Gpa enjoyed sitting in the shade reading his Kindle. I need to get one of those...

Hanging out and snuggling with gma.
Bridger making cute faces.
Bridger
and Bridger again...
Dad swimming with all 3 boys.

Jayson
Ryder enjoying dinner I think.
Playing on gma and gpa's bed
Jayson on his way to scuba dive. The first day everyone went scuba diving while I stayed with the kids and the next time my mom stayed with them and I went. She is awesome!

On Jayson's first day of diving.
I took the kids to the beach that day. They loved it and it was easier to keep track of them that way.

This is the view from the beach right by our room.
Beautiful.
Here is looking the other way. You can see the Cancun strip in the background.

Hudson playing

and burying himself
Later that day, I took the kids to the pool by our room.
Here is Ryder under the towel on his own chair.
More beach playing. We bought some sand toys once we got there and they loved them
Another view of the beach
Ryder
We saw this look quite a few times. I have a cute look myself-lol.

playing
Here it is again...lol
Posing for the camera on a fake donkey
Ryder enjoying ice cream after dinner
Hudson enjoying marshmellows that he dipped in the chocolate fountain.
Bridger playing on the hotel balcony

A view of our hotel

These big guys were around sometimes during the day
The kids thought they were great
Enjoying the kids area and the slides
The day I went scuba diving, we went to Cozumel to do it. This is on the boat in Cozumel with my silly brothers.
Jayson and I in Cozumel
The water really is that blue
Seriously

Isn't it the coolest color you have ever seen? My swimsuit matches-lol
Ryder playing on the beach with gma while we were scuba diving
Looking at a worm they found

Washing off in the showers after being all sandy from the beach
Playing on the deck of our suite

Playing some more. They liked to see if they could find any bugs or play cars-or kitty's of course

Here is classic Bridger. He got into the hotel's complimentary stuff and decided to wear the shower cap he found along with gpa's shoe.

Bridger. The kids loved the drinks too. Their pina coladas and miami vice's were our favorites. Of course they are included, so we got just about as many as we could.

Enjoying their drinks poolside

more drinks again

They loved to push these little tables around the shallow end of the pool

Or sit and play on them. We had such a good time and can't wait to go back again! The snow was not a welcome site today, but hopefully it will start to warm up soon. I am tired and am going to go to bed. I am sure I will post more details later :) Have a great night!

5 comments:

Sharp Family said...

Looks like you guys had FUN!!!

Melissa L. said...

Absolutely amazing. I'm so jealous! I'm glad for you guys that you got such an awesome opportunity!

Nick and Melanie Munns said...

It looks like you guys had such a great time!!! Cancun is the best.

Paige said...

What a fun trip!! I love the pictures. I think that we might be staying at this same resort in October! So we'll have to chat about it - it looks fabulous!!

Olivia Jewell said...

It looks like a lot of fun. I looked at April's pics too. I'm jealous that you guys all got to go scuba diving. I haven't gotten to go in the ocean at all since I was certified. And that water looks amazing.
Hopefully some day! :)