Nielsen Family 2010

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Family Reunion in Idaho

We drove to Idaho this past weekend for a family reunion. The reunion was outside and the kids had so much fun. We survived with the newly potty trained too! I think they actually did pretty well. We didn't have any major problems. Of course, on the way there, we had to stop about 10 times but even now, a few days later, they are going less often. I am SO proud of them! I haven't changed a diaper in over a week now. I almost don't know how to act! They are completely dry for naps and nighttime too! Wohoo! Here are some pics from the reunion and I hopefully will be playing catch up with the posts to come. Getting some sunscreen on...
Hudson after throwing the frisbee.

Blurry, but I thought it was so cute to see gpa Nielsen playing with one of the twins. It really shows how much fun they had.

More play time with gpa.

Ryder. I have quite a few pics with this face that day. Too funny.

Bridger running to get the frisbee

Pretty sure this is Ryder.

Hudson playing with the squirt guns. They were a definite hit with my kids and a great way to stay cool on such a hot day :)

At the end, the kids could search for coins and candy in a big pile of sawdust.

We made little stick horses for the kids while we were at the reunion and they had a blast riding around the grass on them.

Bridger. They had cheap old style jewelry on the tables as centerpieces and the kids could not stop playing with them-lol.

Classic Bridger.

Ryder at the horse races. He rode on his horse long after the races were over. He couldn't get enough!
The dads had to race the horses as well. I missed it sitting in the shade, but this is one of the great pics of Jayson riding. LOL.

Little Luke or Logan, our nephew, sleeping away...

2 comments:

thomas family said...

Cute pics :) OK, so what is this potty training in 3 days thing, I really want to potty train Emma before the baby arrives but it took a few months to train Alyssa. Does she have to be staying dry through the night first? She stays dry during most naps but not at night. OK, this is a long comment I should have just emailed. Let me know where you found the book. Thanks, Jenni

Paige said...

Looks like fun! And hooray for the potty training. It was fun to see you guys on Monday! Thanks for making the long drive up here. And that's such a cute pic of the baby - I think it's Luke - but it's hard to tell unless they're together!! ;)